A household name in Cape Breton fiddling, a rising star from Quebec, folk darlings, and even fiery returning musicians join other quality names in the line-up announcement for the Ontario Festival of Small Halls this fall.
The festival is now revealing the internationally-renowned musicians who will be raising the rafters with incredible sound in cherished rural community spaces across eastern Ontario and the Ottawa Valley from Sept. 14 to Oct. 1.
Discover the lineup and schedule here! It will see the Festival of Small Halls ignite local stages with a mix of big-name familiar faces and boundary-pushing roots, folk, pop, soul and bluegrass-inspired musical acts. Now in its fourth year, the Ontario Festival of Small Halls is again expanding its scope – this year to include more than 30 unique gathering spaces with history and heart.
General Manager, Kelly Symes, said this year’s lineup will include well-known names in Canadian music, while also showcasing emerging artists who will be new to rural Ontario. “This time around, we selected artists based on their captivating live performance, stage presence and the
ability to connect with their audiences,” she said.
Some of the artists include famous fiddler, Ashley MacIsaac, as well as Halifax’s Jenn Grant, Charlottetown’s Rose Cousins and Montreal’s Leif Vollebekk. Kingston’s own The Abrams will be back again after an explosive performance last year.
Another festival favourite, Old Man Luedecke, who performed in the festival’s inaugural year, will also return after taking home the East Coast Music Award for Album of the Year this past April. “We’re delighted to host these talented performers and think festival attendees will once again be moved by the quality of performances,” Symes said.
Tickets for individual events will go on sale today, June 9, at 10 a.m. at www.ontariosmallhalls.com or by phone at 613.402.1425. Almost all of the shows sold out last year, so don’t delay in getting your tickets for this year’s Ontario Festival of Small Halls! For more information, please visit the website or follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Ontario Festival of Small Halls Full schedule
Thursday September 14th at 7:30 PM
- Chaffey’s Lock Community Hall – Great Lake Swimmers with Seamus Cowan
- Stonefields, Beckwith – The Abrams
Friday September 15th at 7:30 PM
- Chaffey’s Lock Community Hall – Jenn Grant with Logan Brown and Taylor Angus
- Winchester Old Town Hall – Fred Penner – Tickets Here!
- Almonte Old Town Hall – Great Lake Swimmers with Claire Hunter
Saturday September 16th at 7:30 PM
- Joshua Bates Centre, Athens – Rose Cousins with Julia Finnegan
- Dunvegan Recreation Centre – Jenn Grant
Sunday September 17th at 3:00 PM
- Morton Community Hall – Fred Penner with Barbershop Therapy
- Balderson United Church – Jenn Grant with Christine Graves
- Tamworth Legion – Great Lake Swimmers
Thursday September 21st at 7:30 PM
- St. Andrew’s United Church Hall, Toledo – Dave Gunning with Chris Murphy
- Spencerville Mill – The Outside Track with Moore & McGregor
Friday September 22st at 7:30 PM
- Delta Old Town Hall – The Outside Track with Change of Step
- Althorpe Bolingbroke Community Hall (ABC HALL) – Sultans of String with Lost for Words
- Union Hall, Mississippi Mills – Dave Gunning
Saturday September 23rd at 7:30 PM
- Lyndhurst Legion Branch 504 – Old Man Luedecke
- Merrickville United Church – Leif Vollebekk with Off the Grid
- St. Andrew’s United Church, Pakenham – Rosie and the Riveters with Vicki Brittle
Sunday September 24th at 3:00 PM
- The Red Brick School, Elgin – Rosie and the Riveters
- Maberly Community Hall – The Outside Track with Change of Step and Blueskies Fiddle Orchestra
- Tatlock Community Hall – Old Man Luedecke with Bill Connelly
Thursday September 28th at 7:30PM
- St. James Catholic Church, Maxville – Ashley MacIsaac with Change of Step
- Portland Community Hall – Birds of Chicago
- Batstone’s Northern Ramble – Ian Sherwood
Friday September 29th at 7:30PM
- Seeley’s Bay Community Hall – Ashley MacIsaac
- McDonald’s Corners Agricultural Hall – The Abrams with Ali McCormick
Saturday September 30th at 7:30PM
- DACA Community Centre, Dacre – Ashley MacIsaac with Change of Step
- Westmeath Community Centre – The Abrams
Sunday October 1st at 3:00PM