After a false start last week we believe a major Boots and Hearts lineup announcement is imminent and can come as soon as tomorrow (Thursday) morning.
We thought we’d pass along a wish list of artists, we’d like to see on this summer’s lineup, to our friends at Republic Live.
One thing that has had a noticeable absence from Boots and Hearts, and many other country festivals, are the ladies. Here’s our wish list of ladies we’d like to see at Boots and Hearts in 2018:
- Carly Pearce – she’s the hottest artist in country music right now, rocking a smash hit single “Every Little Thing” and a hot debut album she is a must have for any 2018 country festival
- Lindsay Ell – One of Canada’s greatest exports in recent years. Ell released her debut Country album The Project in August landing at the #1 spot on the Neilsen Soundscan US Current Country Albums chart.
- Lauren Alaina – Currently wrapping up her Canadian debut with Dallas Smith Lauren is a Country sweetheart. Promoting her breakthrough album Road Less Travelled we’d love to see Lauren back in Canada next summer.
- Miranda Lambert – We had high hopes to see Miranda on the bill for this years Boots and Hearts Festival but we’ll gladly forgive the oversight if she’s on the lineup in 2018. The Weight of These Wings was the most powerful album in country music in recent history and it deserves a place back on the Boots and Hearts stage.
- Kelsea Ballerini – Also fresh off of an album release, Unapologetically, Ballerini spent the summer touring with Lady Antebellum and would be a perfect fit.
- Meghan Patrick – one of Canada’s hottest female Country artists today. She’s getting ready to join the James Barker Band on a trek across Canada. A stop at Boots and Hearts would take that game to another level.
When it comes to the men of Country who haven’t we seen yet? Let’s be honest, at this point in 2017 it’s the women that everyone is talking about. But what good is a Country festival without the cowboys?
- Dustin Lynch – having spent the last few years supporting artists like Dierks Bentley, Lynch has a hot new single “Love Me or Leave Me Alone” and a brand new album Current Mood which has already spawned two #1 singles.
- Cole Swindell – coming off of a co-headlining tour with Dierks Bentley, Swindell is one of the hottest male entertainers in Country music today.
- Kip Moore – a personal favourite here. Kip has a strong new album out, Slowheart, which featured his fourth top 10 single “More Girls Like You”
- Brett Kissel – can’t say enough about Brett Kissel, he’s one of a kind. One of the most talented musicians Canada has to offer and one of the nicest guys too. Once at Boots and Hearts just wasn’t enough. It’s time for Brett to take on the main stage.
- Lee Brice – This man has been on my bucket list for a number of years, having appeared in Festival lineups all around just not at the ones I was attending. His new single “Boy” is guaranteed to talk to every father who ever had a son. With new music due before year end Lee Brice is a good bet for a Boots and Hearts return in 2018.
- Thomas Rhett – Hot off the release of his latest album, Life Changes, which has already spawned 2 top 10 singles since its release. Rhett last performed at Boots and Hearts in 2015 which also happens to be the year his last album was released.
2017, more than ever is defined by some incredible groups of talented performers. The list below is just a small taste of what we think could make the cut for the 2018 lineup.
- James Barker Band – As mentioned earlier these Boots alums are heading on the road with Meghan Patrick this winter. We’d love nothing more than a stop at Boots and Hearts in August.
- Zac Brown Band – they’ve never performed at Boots and Hearts and are one of the hottest groups in modern country music.
- Brothers Osborne – were only here for a damn good time and it ain’t my fault. A major bucket list group for me. Another group that has never performed at Boots and Hearts.
- Old Dominion – CMA Nominees, haven’t performed at Boots and Hearts since 2015…definitely a possibility for 2018
- The Washboard Union – I caught these boys for the first time at Fest Country de Lotbinière last summer and think that 2018 is the perfect time for their Boots and Hearts debut.
- The Road Hammers – you’re always guaranteed a good time when these guys hit the stage, it’s been a few years since Jason, Clayton and Chris have rocked Boots and Hearts and I think it’s about time they returned.
- Abby & Beamer – Country musics newest duo. Made up of Abby Stewart and Beamer Wigley. We got our first taste of this duo last winter when Beamer joined Abby on stage in Ottawa as part of Brett Kissel’s “Ice, Snow, and 30 Below Tour”
- Little Big Town – we were teased with LBT on the lineup at RBC Bluesfest and Boots and Hearts a few years ago but the group was forced to cancel some dates due to health issues. We’ll they’re back and what better time to bring them to Boots and Hearts than the present.
- Lady Antebellum – another incredible group that has never appeared on the Boots and Hearts lineup. It wouldn’t make my heart break if they headlined in 2018.
- Cadillac Three – sure they just came through with Dallas Smith but be honest, would you complain if they came back in August for Boots and Hearts? Didn’t think so.
What ever is announced we’re certain it will be incredible lineup and set the stage for yet another amazing year at Burls Creek. Stay tuned for the full lineup as soon as it’s announced. For full details visit www.bootsandhearts.com